Welcome to the homepage for the Vancouver Rat Project
Please use the links above to navigate the site. This project is run by researchers from University of British Columbia's School of Population and Public Health. It is funded by The Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- CBC: THE VANCOUVER RAT PROJECT (VIDEO)
- Urban Rats - Does the City Environment Increase Potential Risks to Human Health?
- Dr. Himsworth speaks with Pest Control Canada
- News 1130: DTES neighbours want vacant lot cleaned up to stop rats: Concerns over potential health risks
- Vancouver Sun: Vancouver rat population growing, residents out to count (VIDEO)
- Global TV BC: Downtown eastside neighbors hold rat count on vacant lot (VIDEO)
- Global TV BC: New light being shed on old rat problem (VIDEO)
- Calgary Herald: Alberta rat-free status in jeopardy after rats found at Medicine Hat landfill
- Live Science: Sandy May Drive Subway Rats onto NYC Streets
- The Star Phoenix: Student studies diseases of wild urban rats
- The Capilano Courier: THE RAT KING Surrounded by urban wildlife, everything comes back to rodents
- MRSP in Urban Rats
- Did New York rats relocate after Sandy?
- Rats as a source of hantavirus in England and Wales, 2013
- Vancouverites might have to learn to live with rats as population scurries upward
- The Vancouver Sun: Vancouver rats carry disease that can infect people
- Global AM/BC (TV)
- Rat Project Researcher Interviewed on Global Morning News